Are you looking for a rewarding career in Health Care? St. Lawrence Lodge is a modern, climate-controlled 224-bed Municipal Long Term Care Home in Brockville, overlooking the beautiful St. Lawrence River. Brockville, City of 1000 Islands, is a rare gem and can offer something for everyone from waterfront parks, walking and biking trails, marinas and restaurants, the list goes on. Truly a lifestyle unrivalled in Eastern Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice according to Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards, and the assigned client Standards. The successful candidate will show an ability to communicate effectively and display professionalism at all times. The RN must demonstrate sound judgment with effective conflict resolution skills. The RN must be flexible, with excellent time management and the ability to follow written and oral directions.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
– Bachelors Degree
– Gerontological or LTC experience preferred
– PIECES training an asset
– Excellent verbal & written communication skills
– Current CPIC – vulnerable sector, original.
– Occupational Health and Safety Awareness training for workers certification
– A member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
– Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders’, and administrative policies.
– Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review, and evaluate resident care plans.
– Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition, and assess the need for referral to doctors.
– Processes and implement physicians’ orders.
– Take charge of the as required.
– Wage rate is as per the ONA Collective Agreement.
– Includes free on-site parking
– Employee assistance program
– Wellness program
Deadline for applications: July 27, 2022
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us any time throughout the recruitment process to let us know what supports you may need.