Nursing and Medical Care
The Lodge provides for 24 hour access to medical care. Our Medical Director is currently available on site 3 mornings per week. Medical coverage can be by a resident’s own family physician if 24 hour coverage is provided. If not, the Lodge’s Medical Director will provide this service. A resident’s plan of care is developed with input from the resident’s physician; our nursing, pastoral, activation, and dietary staff to meet each resident’s physical, social, spiritual, and emotional needs.
- The Lodge’s Nursing Department provides nursing and personal care
- Registered staff consists of RNs and RPNs
- The RN staff, in conjunction with all members of the interdisciplinary team is responsible for comprehensive assessments of all residents and developing plans of care to meet individual needs
- The RPN staff administers medications and treatments
- The Nursing Attendant staff assists with, or provides the support needed for the completion of all activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, and visitation) for all residents
- A Special Care Unit provides a secure environment for residents considered to be at risk to wander